If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Dear Garza County Community,
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) operates the Giles W. Dalby Correctional Facility. We hope you are healthy and safe during this challenging time. We want to provide you with an update about how we are managing the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) at our facility.
We have received ongoing directives from the Bureau of Prisons (BOP) to mitigate a spread of this disease, and we have implemented all of those instructions. We are also following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to minimize risk to the men and women in our custody, as well as to our staff.
Prior to this pandemic, each of the facilities we operate had established protocols and plans for dealing with infectious diseases (including tuberculous, measles, chicken pox, and other highly contagious diseases). These policies have been adapted to respond to the unique and unprecedented challenged of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our protocols and plans include:
- Implementing an incident command system whereby clear lines of communication are established to organize resources, implement, monitor, and assess safety practices, and to work closely with local health officials
- Ensuring we provide staff in critical positions throughout this pandemic
- Making sure those in our care have all their needs met, such as food and medical care
- Increasing the cleaning and sanitation of facilities and ensuring hygiene supplies are readily available
- Educating staff and the men and women in our facilities about preventative measures
- Limiting interactions that could result in exposure to this virus, which includes a cessation of in-person visitation while increasing phone visitations
We are also working closely with local community organizations including the health department, law enforcement agencies, and state and other community leaders. We are committed to safeguarding those in our care during this uncertain time. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Warden Martin Friend and Staff
Giles W. Dalby Correctional Facility
805 North Avenue F
Post, Texas 79356
806-495-2175 ext. 224